Clark, totally agree. I know the Flowmasters are a cork but I'm prioritizing the sound, and will definitely put cutouts on it later with the new motor. It richened itself up almost a half point in air fuel just from swapping from the 3.5" exhaust, race Flowmasters and dumps to the 3" TTI system with 40 series delta flows and tailpipes. So happy with the sound though, it's livable on the road now and I am not as worried about my hearing. It helps the tailpipes are approximately 37 feet long. laugh2

Awesome, Rich! Didn't realize the road got paved. The few times I was up there it was still gravel I think.

Not too many new updates. Talked with Doug who is helping guide the transmission build. Have a list of parts and will start ordering stuff next week. Need to call Keith but I'm leaning towards a Griner LBA RMVB with low band apply, he has one set up where it bleeds the band off after trans brake release which seems like the best of both worlds. Figure the trans brake can't hurt since the car is heavy. I might repourpose the washer button as the trans brake button, it's a natural movement from that to the column shifter.

Did find out at full droop the driveshaft no longer has any plunge left to go into the trans. I lowered the rear of the car by moving the front spring eye to the upper hole, and that took up the remaining plunge available for the yoke. Instead of getting the driveshaft cut down a second time I might make 1/4" plates to mount between the spring hangers and the body to space the rearend back slightly. Those would also give me more tire clearance, right now at full droop the tire is touching the front edge of the wheelwell trim. It shoudn't get to full droop while driving, but even on motor only right now the rear separates way more than I expected, and it'll only get more aggressive with 300-400 more horsepower.

Last random thought is if I'll need to change converters or get my current one tightened up for the new motor, right now it stalls around 4300-4500 on motor and 5k on nitrous passes. Shift recovery seems okay, it drops about 1000 rpm on the 1-2 and the 2-3.

'18 Ford Raptor, random motorcycles, 1968 Plymouth Fury III - 11.37 @ 118