Originally Posted by Blusmbl
Thanks Jerry!

Originally Posted by n20mstr
NICE ! up Congrats

So happy you hit that goal.....AND almost exceeded it !!

By the looks of that mph and 60foot , there is plenty left in it

What was the wideband reading??

Looks like that nitrous bug got you now weld

Totally hooked!!! Thank you so much for the advice both here and in PM's, and the congrats. I couldn't be happier with it, although I'll say that again when I get it in the 10's, lol

It's so heavy I think it still needs more gear to get off the line. I might step down to a 275 pro to shorten the final drive up some and help it out. It didn't really spin and I don't have a trans brake so I'm not sure how I can get it to launch any harder besides giving it more gear ratio or swapping the converter.

I have the wideband reading in lambda so it was 0.80-0.82 when I looked at it at in 3rd, so 12.05-ish to 1 air fuel. I was so happy I packed up and didn't bother to check plugs after the pass, but I did at Roadkill Nights after a nitrous pass and they looked great, the timing mark was about where it needed to be. I ran Roadkill on straight 93.

Timing is 38* on motor, and then I had the timing retard pull 9* when the nitrous is activated. It's got a 73 jet in the plate and to be safe I ran it on a 50/50 mix of 93 and 100. I'm guessing I could've pulled a degree or two less timing on the race gas and it would've still been ok.

Remember to approach your tuning in baby steps, easy to get greedy and hurt it

Optimize what you have before going to a bigger jet, then you know what A/F and timing the engine likes so you close when going to a larger jet

First thing i would look at is the AF, 12.0 is a tad rich im sure. Leave the timing low and lean it out 1/2lb at a time ( Induction Solutions has flow gauge on sale right now) Or just reduce the fuel jet .02 or so at a time
Once you get the AF good , what to look for, drop in fuel and it picks up MPH, you went the right way
Once the AF is good, add a .5 degree or 1.0 degree at a time, Again if it picks up...its good, if not go back. Check a plug or two, at least look for heat on the straps. On a BB mopar no heat is good, or just on the edge of the strap thats it
you will be surprised how much these two things will pick the car up, i bet you can go over 120mph.
As far as that 60 foot....have you been purging before a pass?? IF not you will see a big difference for sure. Even if you bang it through the engine it will help a lot.

Happy ET hunting

Last edited by n20mstr; 08/25/22 09:14 AM.

....BAD A$$ STREET CAR.....