Thanks Cab! Agree, it seems like a worthwhile investment, and I would expect the car would react a little quicker with better shocks. It moves around sloppily like a no prep car, it just doesn't have the front end travel to match, lol

Alchemi, thank you! Yep- the short front shock is definitely a problem. The rear is common with B bodies so anything you want is available. I've looked all over for adjustable shocks for the front. You can get KYB's, Gabriels, and Monroes for non-adjustable. AFCO and Viking show that they offer an adjustable front shock for the 65-up Furies, but the AFCO one looks to be the same part number as the B body front shock so I don't think that will work, it's 16" long instead of 12". The Viking front has a specific part number for the Fury, it's B2002 for their double adjustable but still street oriented shock, and look to be $200 apiece. They also have the B3002 which is the race oriented valving and those are $275 per shock.

I will give them a call to see what they recommend for my car. Your idea of modifying the upper shock mount is a good one too, I need to look at it further but there has to be a way to get a longer shock and have some more travel up there.

I did scale my car last year, before I put the nitrous kit on it (so figure another ~15 pounds of stuff), and I also weigh between 285-300 depending on how many cheeseburgers I've had that week.

3/4 tank, without me, 4027 pounds:

LF: 1085
RF: 1072
LR: 951
RR: 919

3/4 tank, with me: 4330 pounds:

LF: 1194
RF: 1113
LR: 1089
RR: 934

53.8% front, 46.2% rear.

I haven't done anything for weight reduction yet. I can pull the HVAC box out, none of it works anyway. It has 2 layers of carpet, I could remove one of those easily. I also have a manual brake pedal assembly for it that I haven't installed yet, that would get rid of the booster, a vacuum canister, and a vacuum pump that is installed to run the power brakes. Beyond that I think I'd need to start drilling holes and removing bolts. Maybe a lightweight battery too. And go on slimfast, lol

Last edited by Blusmbl; 08/28/22 11:20 AM.

'18 Ford Raptor, random motorcycles, 1968 Plymouth Fury III - 11.37 @ 118