Originally Posted by n20mstr

Remember to approach your tuning in baby steps, easy to get greedy and hurt it

Optimize what you have before going to a bigger jet, then you know what A/F and timing the engine likes so you close when going to a larger jet

First thing i would look at is the AF, 12.0 is a tad rich im sure. Leave the timing low and lean it out 1/2lb at a time ( Induction Solutions has flow gauge on sale right now) Or just reduce the fuel jet .02 or so at a time
Once you get the AF good , what to look for, drop in fuel and it picks up MPH, you went the right way
Once the AF is good, add a .5 degree or 1.0 degree at a time, Again if it picks up...its good, if not go back. Check a plug or two, at least look for heat on the straps. On a BB mopar no heat is good, or just on the edge of the strap thats it
you will be surprised how much these two things will pick the car up, i bet you can go over 120mph.
As far as that 60 foot....have you been purging before a pass?? IF not you will see a big difference for sure. Even if you bang it through the engine it will help a lot.

Happy ET hunting

Thank you Tony! I need to print this off and paste it in my track toolbox as a reminder how to not hurt it. This is great info, especially about the timing. It makes total sense to not bother advancing it if it doesn't pick up any mph.

I did purge before that pass. I was originally going to just bang it through the motor but with how the mini progressive is set up I would've had to add a few diodes to the circuit I wired in, and figured it was easier to just put a purge solenoid on it. I drilled out the antenna and ran the line through the antenna hole.

Thinking about the launch further, I could've left a little further up against the converter. I was only at 2500 or so when I left, my car is heavy enough it probably will benefit from it. I have the nitrous set up on a window switch from 3500 to 6500 plus the WOT switch, so it shouldn't be a big deal if I get it to 3500 footbraking.

I've watched the video of my car a few times and I'm thinking I need to ditch my air shocks for sure as well, I don't think they're controlling the rear well enough.

Thanks to you guys I have a few things to try next time out, and I hope I can get a couple more tenths and 1-2 more mph out of it without upping the nitrous jet yet.

Jeff - it's just a good angle, lol. It would pick up 1.5 tenths just with you driving it, but I think your head would explode at my shifter setup!

Wes, thank you, really appreciate that. I've put about a thousand miles on it this year. It's just a fun car to cruise, and I'm having even more fun with it now that it's getting to be decently quick.

I really hope 10's are just around the corner!

'18 Ford Raptor, random motorcycles, 1968 Plymouth Fury III - 11.37 @ 118