Thanks guys. This is definitely in the bench racing/planning stage right now, but figured it was a good time to toss it out there.

Sean, completely, totally agree with your points. This is 100% NOT the right vehicle for these goals, but it's the one I'm going to use. laugh2 I'm in the midlife/nostalgia stage of my life right now, and my first mopar was a '67 Imperial that I drove in high school. I've always loved big cars, and this one I can say with certainty I'm keeping it forever. Just have to determine how much I can realistically spend and how much maintenance it will require. Turbo, + turbo 400 so I could use a decent size torque converter, and a trans with bulletproof internals would be the easiest method and also offer the most room to grow.

The car already has a '67 S/S hoodscoop on it. Looking online a couple places have offered a 1" taller version. If that was combined that with a 4500 sized throttle body (1.25" shorter than a Dominator), it would fit on an intake like the original B1 or the 440-3x if I stuck with an RB block, but would have to commit to fuel injection at that point.

If I stick with a 512, the ET goal should drop from 10.0 to something like 10.60 so it has a chance of living. And setting up the exhaust with v-bands sounds like a great idea too!

'18 Ford Raptor, random motorcycles, 1968 Plymouth Fury III - 11.37 @ 118