Block showed up today! FedEx even wheeled it into the garage for me. SN 1082, I understand why they can take so much power now, the difference in the mains is impressive. It came with all the hardware needed and cam bearings as well which was a nice touch. Need to figure out what rear main seal to use. The included pickup adapter is 1/2" NPT. I still need to flip it over to make sure all of the head bolt holes were drilled!

Wize, I definitely think I can cut the collectors off these and change them to 3.5". Making headers isn't in my skillset but I do have friends that would help me redo the collectors. I want to do 3.5" to cutouts, then 3" to the rest of the exhaust.

Having to temper back the scope creep. A dry sump and the full BES top end with their B1's looks killer, but that's gonna be another $15k to spend, including getting custom headers made. That's a decent value to add another 300 hp. A relatively mild 540 with my plate kit is going to get me to where I want the car to be though, and worst case am thinking I could redo the top end later if low 10's isn't quick enough.

Thinking I only need a 6 bolt crank, going to order them and the rods after Christmas, along with a bunch of stuff from Summit. Also thinking head studs over head bolts. Will measure tomorrow to see if I can fit the 440-2 Indy intake underhood or if I need to stick with the TF 4150 intake and then port match it myself.

block.jpg

'18 Ford Raptor, random motorcycles, 1968 Plymouth Fury III - 11.37 @ 118