Figured I'd pop in for a quick update on this one. Haven't done anything with the car all winter, but parts are piling up, along with the events and to do list. Was already signed up for Sick Summer and just got registered for Drag Week as well.

Have almost everything on order or here now for the motor now besides pushrods. I talked to a few different people, some shops had lead times of > 8 months. In the end it made sense to go with a friend, Jim Pranis originally built the engine and trans that is in the car now and he is excited to help me build the new motor as well. AndyF and Dwayne helped out with parts as well!

Going full speed ahead on a 540, Molnar crank/rods, ATI balancer, Diamond 11:1 pistons ordered through another local friend, 0.060" quench so it's got a wider tuning window for nitrous (or if I ever swap it to procharger or turbo), total overkill BAM DLC lifters, cometics, Andy's billet timing cover/button setup and a rollmaster timing chain, modest Comp custom solid roller, Indy 440-2 intake, Moroso 7 qt pan and 1/2" pickup, Melling HV pump, HS e series rockers. I also have King coated rod bearings, and a set of Clevite 3/4 groove main bearings- I also have a set of King XP series main bearings ordered and I was going to use whichever set had better overall clearances. They were supposed to ship last week, but are now indicating May.

Going to run it initially with the 1 7/8" headers, plate kit and 850 Holley, but expect to eventually swap it to either a Dominator or a Dominator-sized FI unit.

Tom Bailey wanted drag and drive cars in his Sick the Mag display at Autorama next week so I'm in for that. Afterward I'm going to get the rear seatcovers redone and a rollbar put in it before Sick Summer. I also want to install the tailpipes and cutouts before then so it's a little quieter for the street drives.

Then between Sick Summer and Drag Week I'll try to get the new motor in if it's assembled, dynoed and ready to go. Hoping it goes mid-low 11's on motor with the 540 and then can spray it to low 10's for Street Machine Eliminator.

No shortage of work and my wallet is definitely on fire! panic

autorama.jpg

'18 Ford Raptor, random motorcycles, 1968 Plymouth Fury III - 11.37 @ 118