Originally Posted by Blusmbl
Thread update! Weather was not crappy today, got the Firm Feel UCA's installed along with the Viking Warrior front shocks, so now the suspension is completely done! Just need to get it aligned.

Thanks to rickraw's Summit discount codes, I have a set of Trick Flow 270's on the way, ETA is sometime in June, and Wilwood rear discs to match my fronts have shown up already. I don't trust the 8 3/4 if I go any quicker and don't want to have to pull the trans every time I break it, so the plan is to order a Strange S60 this week. Was considering a 9" but the snout is about an inch shorter than an 8 3/4, so I'd need another new driveshaft, instead of my existing one getting shortened. At that point the Dana is cheaper. Planning on 35 spline axles, 4.10's instead of my current 4.30's, a truetrac, and about 1/2" narrower, so hopefully between the rear being narrower and the discs, the wheels will be easy to get on and off the car again.

I'm debating if I'm going to bolt the heads right to this shortblock. It runs great right now, doesn't have any blowby, and everything works together well. My concern is with better heads it's going to want to rev to the moon, and it still has stock weight TRW 2355's in it so I'm worried the LY rods are going to yeet themselves if I rev it much past 6500.

Option 1 is use the 270's on the 446 shortblock and run that for a couple years until my wallet recovers. I need to buy new rockers anyway, could pick up some 1.6 instead of 1.5 Harland Sharps to get the lift up to 0.630-ish, and leave everything else the same (850 DP Holley, TM7 intake, MP cam, 1 3/4" headers), and try to keep the engine speed below 6500 to reduce stress on the rods. Guessing it would pick up 4-ish tenths from the head/rocker swap, and then I could jet the nitrous up a little further which should get me solidly into the 10's.

Option 2 is to leave it as is this year, then over the winter pull it and put a lightweight 512 stroker rotating assembly in it, with main studs, new caps, fresh machinework, etc. It would also get the heads, a roller cam, MW sized intake, and I'd upgrade the headers to the 1 7/8" TTI's. It's only money, right? Lol

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Nick

I’m in a similar boat as you, and i’m putting the 270s on my built 446 short block (forged pistons & scat rods). The guides in my stealth heads are shot though. I bought 240s last year, then sold them for 270s. Ive had an Eddy Super Victor with MW ports on backorder since May. It JUST shipped. Summit has 4 more in stock, I’d buy one now if you can swing it.

I was just gonna run my intake for now until it came in if the intake didn’t show up before the head swap. You’d be .594 before lash if you go to 1.6 rockers. I’m only .520 with 1.5s, might go to 1.6s later. I wish I had a little more lift but I’m happy with my cam and don’t want to risk breaking in another FT, and don’t want a solid roller.

Its not going to rev to the moon with the 270s in my opinion, it will just make alot more power upstsirs. You don’t HAVE to keep revving it, but I know its hard not to!

Last edited by GTX MATT; 02/20/23 02:25 PM.

Now I need to pin those needles, got to feel that heat
Hear my motor screamin while I'm tearin up the street