Thanks guys!

Definitely agree the shortblock could use an upgrade. I worry that it'll turn into a "might as well" situation, if I'm buying pistons and rods I may as well toss a stroker crank in there too. I did have the pan off a couple months ago and checked a couple rod bearings, it looked great inside, so I'm struggling to take it apart since it's a perfectly good running motor. Maybe I start buying rotating stuff now and then if I ever hurt a piston or something it gets a full rebuild.

I will have to look for spots to take weight out of it, it's a street car but I should be able to do something. Nobody makes fiberglass parts for Furies and the hood is ridiculously heavy. It has discs now but has power brakes, along with an accumulator and a vacuum pump to run them. I could ditch some weight there if I find a manual brake setup, and maybe switch it to manual steering. The subframe on C bodies looks really beefy too, not sure if I can take a holesaw to it, or maybe some interior panels or something. I did plan on pulling the hvac box. It also has 2 layers of carpet so I'll pull one of those out.

4 tenths and 6 mph from swapping to EZ's on a 446 makes sense and is encouraging but also highlights I'm definitely not going to get to 11.50's with just the head swap. Maybe I go that route and try to get some weight out of it, that'll put it into the high 11's at least, and then make up the difference with spray?

EZ's have stock plug location and exhaust ports, right? If they've got similar potential to Trick Flows, and they're available now, that might be a winner. What kind of rpm are you turning with them and the 590 cam, carnut?

Edit: 2 more responses since I started typing. Thank you. That matched my gut feeling, getting to 11.50's at the cars weight likely isn't happening without changing the rotating assembly. Or spraying it.

Dumb question, but if they're the weak link, can rod bolts be changed without getting the rods remachined, or is that asking for trouble?

Last edited by Blusmbl; 10/02/21 11:31 AM.

'18 Ford Raptor, random motorcycles, 1968 Plymouth Fury III - 11.37 @ 118