Originally Posted by Blusmbl
Thanks guys. This is definitely in the bench racing/planning stage right now, but figured it was a good time to toss it out there.

Sean, completely, totally agree with your points. This is 100% NOT the right vehicle for these goals, but it's the one I'm going to use. laugh2 I'm in the midlife/nostalgia stage of my life right now, and my first mopar was a '67 Imperial that I drove in high school. I've always loved big cars, and this one I can say with certainty I'm keeping it forever. Just have to determine how much I can realistically spend and how much maintenance it will require. Turbo, + turbo 400 so I could use a decent size torque converter, and a trans with bulletproof internals would be the easiest method and also offer the most room to grow.

The car already has a '67 S/S hoodscoop on it. Looking online a couple places have offered a 1" taller version. If that was combined that with a 4500 sized throttle body (1.25" shorter than a Dominator), it would fit on an intake like the original B1 or the 440-3x if I stuck with an RB block, but would have to commit to fuel injection at that point.

If I stick with a 512, the ET goal should drop from 10.0 to something like 10.60 so it has a chance of living. And setting up the exhaust with v-bands sounds like a great idea too!

I dont know how i was doing it, but i used to go 9 teens pretty regularly with a stock block, stock crank .030 over (446) it had 440-1 unported heads. A solid roller and two plates stacked. The car was 3500lbs. So your goal is within reach.
dont get all wrapped up in how much HP you have, but also work on the total combination. LIGHTEN the car and make sure it works to use all the power you putting out. Build an engine thats upgrade-able in the future if that makes sense. Put a roll cage and use chromemoly, its lighter. Proglass windows all around, (they can roll up and down) Gut the doors and make sure anything you touch gets something trimmed off it to lighten it. You will be surprised how fast the ounces add up.
Of course you are using a unique body, but who cares it will always stand out because its different, but im sure it can get to 35-3600 and the engine doesnt know if its a 3600lb A body or a C body or B body. GOOD LUCK! ! !

....BAD A$$ STREET CAR.....