Originally Posted by 65Fury440
I was at the same point with my 65 Fury front end a few years back.
Redid entire front end and new torsion bars and Wilwood discs.
I wish I had just done a front end swap, like maybe a Crown Vic, for header/oil pan clearance, disc brakes. and ease of maintenance.
Love the progress you've made and your car!!

Thanks, I appreciate it. You aren't kidding- the front end on these is so weird and it would've made sense to replace with something more modern. Unusually short shocks and poor oil pan clearance. And some of the parts are very difficult to find used, plus not available at all new.

Do have some updates since last week. Got the car back after the new lower balljoints, new LCA bushings, the new to me driver’s side LCA, and a fresh alignment. It drives so much better now, I wasn't expecting the difference. Drove it to work on Thursday and got on it a few times, everything else seems ok and the new suspension has made it feel safer for sure.

I started the Dana swap yesterday and it's in the car now. Totally relieved, it being slightly narrower and with discs instead of drums, I can get the wheels on and off the car again without having to unbolt anything else!

Going to drop the driveshaft off first thing tomorrow to get shortened. Hoping to have a friend come over today to help bleed the brakes. I also am going to swap the speedo gear and attempt to hook up a new set of parking brake cables. Beyond that, it just needs an oil change, gluing on a fresh trunk weatherseal, and a quick nut and bolt check, and it's ready to go for Sick Summer.

IMG_2516.jpegIMG_2533.jpegIMG_2531.jpeg
Last edited by Blusmbl; 05/21/23 12:20 PM. Reason: Added pics

'18 Ford Raptor, random motorcycles, 1968 Plymouth Fury III - 11.37 @ 118