Sean - I definitely think it could use some weight loss! I was planning on switching to manual steering (especially if I put the aluminum heads on it to get 40 pounds off the front!), and was probably going to switch to manual brakes with an aluminum master which would get rid of the booster, my vacuum pump, and vacuum canister. Beyond that I'm struggling for ideas though, it already has an aluminum radiator and 4 wheel discs. I could maybe pull half of the bumper brackets off? Or start drilling holes in inconspicuous places. If somebody made a fiberglass hood I'd buy it in a second, the original has to weigh 100 pounds!

GTX Matt- thanks for the heads up on the intake. I was hoping to keep my 4150 based carb and nitrous plate kit but if there is a ton of performance to be had by switching it I'd consider it! After reading Andy's articles on his 470, comparing the 240 to 270, the 270's seemed like a no brainer. Engine Masters did the same test, the 270's were better everywhere.

I think the 0.590 cam has 0.393 lobe lift, which should be 0.628 before lash with a 1.6 rocker. I might be doing the math wrong though?

Rich- yeah, that's an enticing idea! If I pull them off and they aren't cracked I could sell the heads, pushrods and HS rockers as a package deal for sure.

'18 Ford Raptor, random motorcycles, 1968 Plymouth Fury III - 11.37 @ 118