Originally Posted by B300 VanDanage
Originally Posted by Sniper
Assuming you did fill it correctly, the only other source of fluid that would raise the level you are seeing would be coolant from the radiator leaking into the trans fluid cooler. But that usually looks like foamy strawberry milk. Odds are you;d also see red flaoting atop the coolant if you check it cold.

No, there's no leeks like that, I would've noticed that.
When I rebuilt it for the second time the tc already had a little fluid and I drained it as best I can . The manual says to add 8 litres so I added about 7.7 litres... I've been checking the fluid after warming it up by idling and driving around the block.
I know the hotter it gets the more pressure is created therefore raising the fluid level so now I'm assuming the proper way is when it's "freeway hot"... I can't think of doing anything else other than drain it a little more...

The trans needs to at full operating temp , parking brake set on a level surface and the trans in neutral with the engine running , look at both side of the stick when you pull it to check ,sometime one side will be higher than the other , go by the low side.

running up my post count some more .