Originally Posted by poorboy
After you fix the carb, you will probably need to replace the gas soaked spark plugs, and change the oil and the oil filter.
Sounds to me like the float stuck open in the carb and flooded everything with raw gas. The plugs are likely not any good anymore, and gas has been dumped into the cylinders and has probably contaminated the oil as well. Since you have been cranking the motor over, you have pumped the gas contaminated oil into the oil filter and it now has also been contaminated.

Your repair order should be:
1) Rebuild the carb.
2) Remove the spark plugs and crank over the motor for a few seconds with no plugs in it.
3) Shoot a couple of pumps of oil into each cylinder and spin the motor over a couple more seconds.
4) Replace the spark plugs. be sure the plug wires are correctly installed.
5) Change the oil and the oil filter.
6) Start the motor and watch for oil pressure.
7) Adjust the carb.
Gene

This is all maintenance that was due anyway... It has been about 5-6 years since I bought the van and when I did I replaced the head gasket and "rebuilt" the carb but what I really did was clean it well and change the gaskets. I have always had a problem adjusting one of the needles but always got it to run well. I also have always had a stalling issue when giving the pedal a quick press when in reverse, maybe a carb issue? Who knows but either way that list looks good! Thanks.
The good thing is I already have a box of oil and a filter. grin
The rebuild kit is on it's way and now to pick some plugs up at AutoZone.
Any recommendations on plugs? It's a stock vehicle pretty much...