Originally Posted by B300 VanDanage
Originally Posted by 3hundred
Originally Posted by B300 VanDanage
I would assume that I'd need a wire coming from one of those other connectors on the oil pressure switch to the choke resistor?

That's the last line in the chain of power to the choke assist heater. It allows power to the choke assist only when the engine has oil pressure.

So once there's enough pressure one of the other connectors will have power? Right now the only power at the oil pressure sending unit is coming in from the white wire from the dash...
If the other two connectors don't have power at any time does that mean the sending unit is bad?
I don't remember what else was connected to the oil sending unit, I removed a bunch of rat chewed wires that were there for the smog components that I removed...

It's been a VERY long time, mebbe 35 years since I messed with it. I think there's switched power coming into the unit, power to the choke assist and metered power based on oil pressure to the gauge. Somebody with fresher memories will be around to correct me. Three wires is all I recall.

'68 Fury Convertible
'69 300 Convertible
'15 Durango 5.7 Hemi
'16 300 S Hemi