Originally Posted by B300 VanDanage
Originally Posted by Sniper
While you are in there verify the jet sizes. I had a slant 6 with a 1bbl Holley that got horrible mileage and ran poorly. It had a reman carb on it when I bought it and I put another reman on it with no change. After digging thru the manual I could on conclude the jetting was off so I cracked the warranty seal and sure enough it had a #664 jet were the book called for a #50. Bought the right jet, put it in and it made everything alright.

I looked at my go to carb parts source and they don't show that check valve though in other applications I have seen a check ball used when a check valve was shown. That might be an option for you.

https://carburetion.walkerproducts.com/holley/?

It's always run decent when it's all adjusted correctly but it's main issues were stalling when quickly acceleration in reverse or forward. I've never been able to just stomp the pedal because it would bog out so I've always had to ease into acceleration! The mileage I've gotten out of this thing is surprisingly horrible! I've been getting 8-10 mpg's and I'd like at least 12 maybe 15 but I won't get my hopes up...

I'll dig around a bit more and check on those jets, thanks! Never hurts to check... How do I find the proper jet size anyway? My Techbook has nothing on jet size!

The guy I spoke with from Mike's Carburetors suggested the possibility of a spring and ball in place of the needle style weight but wasn't suggesting the exact part or spring or weight so I got fed up and just went with what the eBay builder does... Like I explained two posts ago, if this guy is successfully rebuilding the 2210 and selling it on eBay with 100% feedback then the smaller style weight he uses must be working fine. I don't think I'll have an issue with either of the weights I ordered...

Good morning B300, sorry I was absent and have been reviewing the thread. Recall that we mentioned the power piston which is operated by a vacuum connection. When the throttle is open 60 degrees there is a hole which aligns and connects the vacuum circuit, be sure this is not occluded with dirt or material. You'll need to rotate the throttle and look for the hole in the middle. This could be causing your stalls at acceleration. Replacing the cup on the accelerator pump could also be helpful

The manual I recommend is the shop manual, I have the one for the 1978 year - these were used by the dealerships and not necessarily widely available to the public at the time. Mine was available on CD off of Ebay, but the link below could be for the 1979.
https://www.factoryrepairmanuals.co...er-factory-shop-service-manual-original/

I reviewed my manual for jet size but couldn't find it, but it does indicate a difference in the power piston assembly between 2210 and the 2245 carbs but not the check weights so I assume the latter will be identical. The problem is that these two models appear to be described together in most reference material, however there are crucial differences! The sheet that you posted earlier appears to be a reference for carb rebuilding for Holley, but not sure.

I'm dismayed that Mike's carburetors hasn't been working out for you, I don't think a spring and ball will work with our setup and the weights that you ordered are a good educated guess..