Hi everyone! Hope you all had a safe and happy holiday season.
I'm back home and luckily no mice made a home of my engine bay like they previously did when my transmission went out last year!

So anyway, I've done my best trying to understand and match all the different instructions for tuning the carb and I think I have it dialed in!
As for my understanding of the choke plate adjustment, that needs to be done cold and on the very highest step of the cam or detached from it right?
As for the fast idle adjustment and curb idle adjustments those must be done under operating temp. The instructions are to adjust the fast idle with the screw on the second step to the specified 1600rpm for my vehicle and once it's warm and the cam is cleared, the curb idle is set to 750rpm...
I've adjusted and readjusted the idle mixture screws pretty well I think. That process is to seat them and back them out about 2 full turns for reference and then one at a time close them to where it almost wants to stall then back out to find the highest rpm and then a 1/4 turn in or out for optimization, repeat on the other side...
It's running the best it ever has but I'm sure I'll be able make a few tweaks here and there as time passes...

I wonder if having the check weight and smaller jets will help conserve some fuel? I'm still hopeful even if it is just 1mpg...

So I think we're done here with the carb and adjustments.

Thanks again for all your expertise and knowledge!!!!

My near future plans are to do the brakes(whatever that entails) and idk what else...
I already rebuilt the tranny, the carb, the engine's pretty solid so I'm hoping nothing else will need to be done for a while.
That's it for now I guess, we'll see!