Originally Posted by A12
I think what happened is when my tranny went out last year I had it parked for months and some rats made a home of the engine bay and they chewed the wires. Before I had realized the damage caused by the rats I turned the ignition on and burnt a bunch of wires and that is when the oil pressure switch got fried!

Some varmint chewed through the upstream and downstream O2 sensors (and two ignition wires) on my wife's Town and Country and shorted the PCM/ECM when I went to move it. Had to finally replace it with a reman $270 PCM/ECM and another $250 for two O2 sensors and a complete set of new ignition wires later fixed, not happy with mice, rats and varmints and soy base insulation. Should make the wire insulation out of RAT POISIN if you ask me grin Die-O-degradable insulation think I'll patent that laugh2

Not to mention they also attract snakes!
I thought I saw some sort of tape that repels critters a while back... It's like electrical tape and you wrap your existing wires in it... I've been setting up regular old rat traps under the hood... It's a never ending battle!