Originally Posted by moparx
was that reading at a hot or cold engine temperature ?
if cold, it will go down when warmed up.
if that reading was when warmed up, what did it go to when, at say, 2500, 3500, 4000 rpm ?
if your bypass valve is stuck closed, you would have blown off the oil filter long ago.
you need to temporarily hook up the mechanical gauge where you can see it from cold start up to warmed up going down the road, then hot idle.
the gauge you have now is most likely ok.
you can do this now while you are waiting for the correct [1/8" NPT ?] sending unit.
beer

That was a cold temp reading...
I ordered another oil pressure gauge/tool because the one I'm using goes up to 500psi... I want one that'll read a little more accurately so I'm getting the one that goes up to 150psi... The other gauge is probably fine, I just think the new gauge will be more appropriate...
I still haven't ordered the new pressure switch, I'm still trying to find the correct one! Idk if it's 1/8th but that isn't so much the issue now as finding the one with correct psi rating... The one I have say 12-3psi I believe but it could be the wrong one, ordered that long ago and not sure if it's correct. It was new, had the 3 blades and it fit... I'm pretty sure I saw the oil light function at some point but...

Went on another 90 miles drive to the store! No issues at all! I readjusted the air/fuel and also the timing after last time, it was a little off. I still have no idea the mpg's, that'll take a while to figure out.

Well, until I get the pressure switch figured out I have to inspect the bearings/brakes and whatever else is important I haven't gotten around to yet...

I also got my new $30 fuel pump for my S10... Hopefully it'll last a while! Looks decent for $30!

I'll keep y'all updated! Thanks Bob! beer