Good morning B300,

I had a feeling you would be back sooner rather than later. If there's anything working on these cars teaches you is not to celebrate prematurely!

There are several reasons you are getting some conflicting answers - One is that there are many different nuances for these procedures for the different vehicles that are out there and there is an element of trial and error necessary to dial in your ideal settings. Also, the factory settings may be designed to meet emissions requirements of the day and not ideal for running without emissions equipment. (early efforts at meeting emissions standards were disastrous and resulted in many owners disconnecting them immediately)

Hopefully, you have already completed the carburetor adjustments that are outlined in your carburetor rebuild kit. If you are a visual learner as I am, I have attached a PDF of the instructions included with the Hygrade kit. I have underlined the specs for my carb and you can disregard those - yours may be different. You can use drill bits as described by Gene, or use the included ruler but you will need to make sure to multiply or divide the spec appropriately, since the ruler is denoted in 1/32 increments.

In addition to the adjustments described in the rebuild kit, you'll need to adjust the idle mixture screws, the curb idle (the idle when hot), the fast idle (the idle at startup), and the timing.

Prior to placing the carb on the car, set the curb idle screw such that a thin sliver of the idle transfer slot is visible. This is just a starting point and will be adjusted later.

Timing:
I recommend you first assess the accuracy of your harmonic balancer. The video linked below describes this process and why it's important. Over time the dampener can rotate such that the timing marks are no longer accurate. Uncle Tony shows you how to do this although I know in that B300 it will be a little challenging due to the positioning of the engine in that doghouse!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBJOdiwjuQ0

Once you've done this, I set the timing when warm with your timing light.

Idle Mixture:
Bottom out the idle mixture screws (gently) then back out 1.5 turns. (also a starting point)

Once the car is running and warm, set the idle mixture screw such that manifold vacuum is maximized. You will need a vacuum gauge of course.

Now once you have set the mixture, put the car in gear and press the brakes. Set the idle such that the car can maintain a comfortable and stable idle. (Some trial and error) Note that this will be the curb idle!

Many guys do things differently according to their inclination and experience, I hope this is helpful. (I'm open to critique as well from any of the old crusty dogs up here)

Attached PDF document