Originally Posted by poorboy
Dan, Any carb I have here has been out of service for probably close to 20 years. It won't be a bolt on and go. I haven't had anything with a carb since 2011 (except the lawnmower), and that would have been a 4bbl on a 360 in a truck that got totaled in 2011. I believe I have a 2bbl carb still bolted to the manifold on a 77, 78, or 79, 360 out of a van in my lower garage, but it was years ago it ran, and then the motor had 200,000 miles on it. I do have a box full of those 360 or the big block 2bbl carbs in that lower garage as well.

Those 4bbl swaps I did was way back in the last century. I used a factory intake and a rebuilt carb. I either sourced the kickdown stuff from a junk yard, or fabricated my own linkage, probably neither of which could easily be done these days. I still have a bunch of the kickdown linkage here, but identifying what it used to be on would be a challenge. I believe the 4bbl kick down linkage was a 3 rod linkage with 2 pivots.
I'll look around tomorrow and see what is still here as for 2bbl carbs, the last few years have been shop cleanup. Gene

Hey, whatever helps get this van back in action I appreciate!
I'll be happy just getting this thing working again and the 4bbl swap was just a thought since you mentioned you've gotten better mileage out of it... Somebody mentioned it... If it's not as easy as swapping the intake and carb then I won't bother... At least not any time soon...
I've spent so much time on this van but it's so important to have it working because of how far I live away from any city...

I'm waiting on a new distributor and a new rebuild kit... I'll be pulling the carb off and attempt to straighten it some time in the next couple of days. I really don't like the idea of pressing the carb on a press but I guess that's how it's done? I feal like the thing will just shatter! Hopefully I don't break it.