Originally Posted by NITROUSN
RTV and gas is a no-no. Pull it back apart and get it in a press to straighten it. The air cleaner stud should go all the way through to the base to keep this from happening, If your air horn has the stud tapped into the top air horn you have a 76 or older carb. There was an old TSB that had instructions along with a bridge kit to help correct this.

The air cleaner stud goes down into the main body of the carb but the hole is damaged, almost stripped but still works with some plumbers tape! Is plumbers tape also a no no?
If I pull it back apart I'll have to buy another rebuild kit since I put rtv on the top gasket where the gap is... shake_head

We'll, I kinda have some good news... I went out this morning and started the motor and it ran at low idle for a good minute or two(better than yesterday) but adjusting the mixture screws isn't doing much... It also backfires out of the carb and dies when I press the gas...

Could this be valve related maybe? I feal like whatever issue I'm having is something else and not the carb... I'm probably wrong though...
The book says it could be egr, timing, vacuum leak, damaged valve springs or float adjustment...???