When the meeting was over, everyone dispersed to their vehicles, and the call to the lanes was made for the class cars. Dale had been working on the Dakota mostly, but now he turned his attention to his Gremlin. He had driven the car out to the track Saturday, and Sunday without a bottle in the car. His Nitrous bottle stands straight up, and attaches to the front cage down bar in the passenger's side foot well, basically directly under the dash, so he didn't want to advertise that going through tech and certification. Now he installed a fresh bottle, turned it on and decided to test both systems before heading to the lanes. He fired the engine, brought it up a little off idle, and tapped the button for the big hit, the motor jumped. Then he tapped the second small system, and the engine started screaming out of control, popping and banging! He cut the ignition and killed the engine but you could still hear the Nitrous spraying.
He then quickly turned the bottle off.
"Got some dirt in the solenoid?" Boone asked him.
"Yeah, Dang it, scared the crap out of me! I wonder how many valve springs I just broke! The playback on my Mega450 showed 8750".
"Plus you now have an engine full of nitrous!"
"Yeah", he ran his fingers over the back of his neck, "Guess I better get the plugs out of her".

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines