Boone and I finally made it to the head of the lanes about twenty-five minutes later, and the word was we were near 200 feet on the Density Altitude and climbing. Boone was fidgeting around like an early morning stock eliminator racer with a R on his window, dying to get a shot at the track.
David and Tina Pierce, who spent one season on Street Outlaws were both doing Drag Week, with her in the slammed S-10, and him in the Orange/Black 68 Camaro. He had been a couple of a tenths slower than Dale in the Modified Power Adder class all week, and they must've decided to step on it big time Friday, he was hauling until about 1100ft. then there was a large flash of flame, and steam boiling from the front of the car. The word from the top end was anti-freeze!
Boone jumped from the Barnyard, took his helmet off, and slammed the door. "Really? You have got to be kidding me!"
The clean-up took about thirty minutes, and it took another ten or so before Boone and I approached the water box. So all in all we ran nearly and hour after we had watched Squirrel's big nine second run.

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines