Quote:

So, when the smoke cleared, there were six left, four turbo LS entries, and two stock stroke nitrous 440s! Rachael was the first of the six back to the lanes, and Dale was nearly the last, as John was once again trying to remove enough of the oil sprayed everywhere to keep it off the track, and James was swapping in a new nitrous bottle.

The last one back was Tina, with her S-10, and her husband was fussing over the truck trying to make sure it was ready for the next run.
Freiburger took the mic to Shane McClelland, as the fastest in the previous round and asked him who he wanted to race. He gazed across the lanes and answered "I'd like to race Mrs. Pierce". That got a raise from everyone, as she had been the second fastest, and had ran faster than him earlier in the day during Drag Week. I don't know if he felt they were vulnerable with the hot lapping, or if it was personal, but it was an interesting choice!

No, nothing personal, just Shane showing the "class" guy he is. In a deal like this, even though I know it is about winning, choosing the "slowest" car is lame. I thought it was weak of the Camaro guy to choose Rachel and in my mind he got what he deserved........LOL!!! If you noticed, Lutz and a couple others also chose the "fastest" car on the "slow" side..........Classy, as most of these guys truly are

Monte