The 191 mile leg from Haysville to Tulsa Raceway Park was easily the most enjoyable road trip for us, for several different reasons. It was daylight, we were awake, and heading home were just a few of those, but it was also some of the roughest road we ran on all trip as well. US-177 South from South Haven Kansas to Blackwell OK was a stretch of road that was definitely noteworthy for it's ability to punish the kidneys! Which must've been why Rachael pulled into the gravel lot in front of a rundown automotive/farm implement shop just after we crossed the state line, and ran towards the open sliding door to the surprise of a couple of old mechanics hanging around the place. I pulled in beside the abandoned Belvedere, shut off the Valiant, and waited for her to emerge from the building a few minutes later.
"I had to find a bathroom bad!" she laughed, and waved at the group gathered at the shop entrance.
The Dakota drove by just as we were firing up to leave, so we gave chase. Ten or fifteen miles later, I could see the Barnyard Viper gaining ground behind us.

8329662-095-Copy.JPG (118 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines