Quote:

This year they showed up with coil packs and EFI, but got the thing together at the last minute, and couldn't make it work, I'm not sure what the final straw was that prevented them from competing, but even though Monte tried to help, they withdrew from the 2014 edition of Drag Week without ever firing a shot after turning in the third quickest average last year, and taking home one of the guitars.

Todd showed up untested, unfinished, not wired, not plumbed and a myriad of other things. First order was cam sensor that did not work. Got it wired, new bracket made and switched to flying magnet and got it working at track. I got the car fired, but his belt drive pump wouldn't work and the electric one wasn't big enough to race it on, but he did make a motor pass and it ran good. He finally got a pump to work and we had about 20 minutes to make a hit and of course he wanted 3 guns on the first hit. I talked him out of that but he wouldn't take no for an answer on two kits..........LOL!!!! In my haste to get everything going, I rushed through the program and setup. He had a 4,7 swap cam. He didn't say and I didn't think to ask, so the firing order was wrong. It torched 4 and 7........imagine that.......LOL!!!

Monte