We left Tulsa Raceway Park, and returned to Dale's back yard. Drag Week faded once again, and Thrash Week moved into the forefront. Rachael, John and I drove up into the far corner where we were storing our stuff and parked. James had the Gremlin back on the pad in front of the shop, on jack stands, and had the welder pulled out beside it. Sam Barker had also made the trip over, and was helping him with the ladder bar.

Opal, John, and his parents were arranging everything for their trip, sorting through what to take, and what to leave behind. John's mom and dad were going to follow the show in their mini-van, but they were also on an extended vacation which would include stops in Indiana, New York, and other points east, so obviously they didn't need to carry everything they had brought from Tucson. Once John felt comfortable that they were ready, he walked over to me, "Well, I think we are ready to roll, would you and Rachael like to go ahead with us?"
"Actually, I'd love to", I smiled, and shook my head, "But I better hang out here and see how this plays out!"
Robert had followed us over as well, and had his Ram parked out front, "I think I'm going to go with John", he decided, "do we need to go back to the track to catch this route?"
Dad explained to them that if they took a certain curvy, narrow, undulating, barely asphalted back road, It would bring them back to the course in around six miles, and they headed off on their adventure.

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines