Boone and Dale arrived twenty minutes or so after we did, and settled into our pit spot. Then Darren rolled in a little later, and drove by, acting disgusted that we didn't have a spot roped off especially for him, and parked two spots down. The spots are marked out long enough for a semi and as wide as three lanes, so we had to convince him there was plenty of room after a little re-arrangement.
It became apparent rather quickly that the track prep was going to take a little longer, despite our late arrival, so we sent Rachael back into town to burn up some more of the McDonalds gift card.
"I didn't eat anything, all night" I admitted, "Too concerned with just getting here!" Dale and James both agreed.
"Dad and I stopped at some small convenience store, and they had hot biscuits and gravy of all things! Wasn't great, but wasn't bad either", Boone added.

One of the families we had spent a large amount of time racing with when Dale, Dad, and I were chasing the NHRA SST Divisional trail in division four, five and seven, were the Lacys from McPherson Kansas. The Patriarch, Terry, decided to make the one hour jaunt over to Great Bend to take in the Drag Week action, hang out with us, and do some quality bench racing. We haven't been Super Street racing since 2008, and it was great to touch base with an old friend.

8325225-img_8404-copy.jpg (120 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines