Dale and I made our way back to Darren's Dakota in Boone's absence.
"What's the deal with the back glass?" I asked.
"When Brian put the cage in, the area where it goes through the back of the cab is very close to the glass, and at the time he hadn't yet put solid mounts between the cab and frame. Then it went to the painter's shop, and he dropped the rear off a jack pretty fast and the glass shattered! He has a new one around here, I just don't know who is going to install it!"
"Not us!", I shook my head, "Had enough glass installs doing the Barnyard last year."
I pointed at the 4-link bars, "What's with all these bolts running in different directions?"
"Same kind of deal, the chassis guy built the 4-link, then the painter completely disassembled everything to paint it!"
"How do we know if he put it back together properly?" I shrugged, "The bars might not even be in the right places!"
Dale laughed, "Cross our fingers, I guess!"

Dale had started taping up a new wiring harness for the frame, against my argument to just use the stock one. I watched Dale wire the Barnyard from scratch last year, and I knew it was far too time consuming a project to go down that path with the Dakota. Luckily Darren made his appearance at that time, and bailed me out.
"The factory harness is too short", Dale complained.
"No, no it isn't", Darren pointed out, "You'll see when we get the bed sides back, the taillights have fairly long pigtails that make up the difference."

Darren spent the rest of his afternoon bending and installing new brake lines on the 8 3/4 housing, and taking inventory of what would be needed in the coming days if he had a prayer of getting the thing in one piece.

8285455-012.JPG (229 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines