Boone called, and explained that the E85 situation was becoming a problem, "The E85 finder on Dale's phone says there is a station in Ark City, that has it, so can you check when you go through there?"
"Sure, I'm going by a sign right now that says Arkansas City twenty-four miles, so I'll give you a call when I get there".

I cruised through Arkansas City rather slowly, checking each station I passed along the route, none had any mention of E85 that I could see. I called Boone when I had cleared any vestiges of town and was cruising once more on a dark lonely two lane.
"I didn't see anything Boone, E10 or E15 I think, but no E85."
"Alright, well, we just passed that Ark City twenty-four mile sign, so I guess we will check it out soon enough".

By my math, I figured I had about 30 miles on them at that point, not bad, and I had the bit in my teeth again, as I was only 25 miles from our single checkpoint on this leg at Ponca City, Ok. The photo in the post above was my checkpoint picture, I took it at 6:20AM, and I still had a hundred and thirty miles to cover before I would be in the pits at Thunder Valley Raceway Park. Luckily, most of it was straight down I-35, and the rain was gone, so hopefully I could make decent time. I stopped and fueled at a station right before I jumped on the interstate.

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines