Jim Childs agreed to meet them at the station, with ten gallons of E85, but warned them that five gallons had been sitting for a while and may not be good. When he arrived, Dale agreed that the second jug seemed to have taken on water, and he didn't want to send it through Darren's system. While purchasing the fuel, Dale got the call from Boone that Rachael's cable was burnt beyond repair.
Mr. Childs had overheard the conversation, and had already explained to the guys that the only E85 was back in Wellington Ks, which was thirty-three miles away, in the wrong direction. As he listened to Dale, James, and Darren discuss possible solutions to both problems, he offered up his own.
"I've got a brand new five foot B&M cable at the house, I'll take seventy bucks for..."
"Done deal, we'll take it" Dale interrupted
"Ok, here's what we are going to do. Darren and I are going to drive my truck back to my house, and I'll give him the cable. Then he can take my truck to Wellington to get all the E85 he needs, when he gets back here to get his Dakota, just park my truck in that spot, lock the door, and throw the keys under the floor mat, I'll pick it up later. Now, if you guys need to work on the Gremlin, or install that cable, here is the number for my buddy Rod Mills, he operates Mills Automotive Repair here in town, has a lift, and will help you out, just tell him Jim sent you."
All the guys just stood there slack jawed, "Are you sure about this?" Dale finally stammered.
"C'mon let's go, we've got to get these cars to Noble so you boys can run, and time is wasting!" Jim smiled.

8312025-68C-Copy.jpg (187 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines