Quote:

Dale was given the "Fastest AMC" award and all I could think was that Tony wouldn't be pleased with that!

Finally it came time to give out the "Spirit of Drag Week" award, which personally, as I've seen four of them handed out, I hold in high regard. David Freiburger started the presentation by saying they were doing something different this year for the first time, awarding a group instead of an individual by naming the Gebhart Family as the winners of the 2014 Spirit of Drag Week. He went on to explain how we always brought new particpants to the event, and were great ambassadors for Drag Week, but I can't really remember everything he said as I was just blown away that someone would think a band of quarreling brothers and their slow Mopars represented the spirit of such a cool event!

I ended up with the mic as we were presented, and rambled aimlessly, about stuff that probably didn't make any sense for a few minutes. I apologize to any of you who were subjected to that, as I was so humbled and honored to receive it that I can't even remember what I said.

You are right Billy, I am happy for Dale to represent AMC, and also happy you all received the award this year, greatly deserving. To me you guys represent the spirit of drag week, the perseverance, the no giving up attitude, the help anyone and sacrifice your trip for them if need be. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

Now if we can get Dale to put an AMC engine in that gremmie....