Dang it Robert! Those are awesome pictures, I love it...but I wasn't quite ready for them within the context of my story! Anyway...the title of the thread is "THE experience", not MoparBilly's experience. So any of you guys who went, please, PLEASE feel free to add any anecdotes, examples, pictures, adventures, that you wish to share. That's why I prefer to write this story in a forum/thread format as opposed to a blog. I enjoy the feedback, and campfire feel of telling it like this.

Now, Jay's Mustang... When John cleared tech, he parked with Robert, on the return road, and I joined them when I got through. The Mustang was right across from us. I was explaining to John and his Dad, as they prepared to make their first time run, that I wasn't big on making runs on Sunday, and would probably not do it, even though the car had zero track time.
"Look guys, I'm a bit superstitious about it, I've seen too many cars out before the event even starts, especially guys who hammer their stuff hard on Sunday! Heck, they even have an award on the internet for the first guy to tear his stuff up!"
Just as I finished making that statement Jay's Mustang popped once or twice at the finish line. As it came back up the return road, I told the guys, "That's Jay Brown's Cammer Mustang, he's the 800 lb. Gorilla in my class, I'm sure he'll dominate it". When we saw the oil trail, John, who is the King of one liners, looked at me, smiled, and said, "Well, now you don't have to worry about the Gorilla, or being the first to break something, so get that Valiant ready to make a pass, and get your butt to the staging lanes!"

If you look closely at the pic of the oil trail up the return road, you will see the Olds convertible of our own Hemi Joel, and most of you know that he is a close friend of Jay Brown. So, when he followed the oil trail to Jay's car, he got a little excited and drove the Olds off the asphalt and onto the grass at a bad angle. I don't know if the asphalt or the full frame got the worst of it, but it was quite a spark show, and brakes weren't needed to slow it down!

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines