Dale coaxed Boone into going home to find his back-up pump, more to keep him from going after every kid on the property, than anything else. We removed the pump and tore it apart for a closer inspection. I've always loved my old Holley Volumax 250gph Dominator pumps, which are a gerotor design similar to a mopar oil pump. I have to say when we got into the guts of the A-2000 Aeromotive and it's nylon vane type pump, I was definitely not impressed.
"Well", I pointed out to Dale, "All that scoring didn't happen on one no-fuel start-up!"
"Nope. Remember though, last year he used it to empty his tank everyday, so he could put race gas in...plus, it was a used pump when he bought it."
We carefully sanded all the nylon surfaces, and removed as many nicks and burrs as possible, then greased it up and stuck it back together. We had it working with a couple of gallons of fuel in it by the time Boone made it back, but the impetus to get the cam broke in was gone, as it was getting late and we were losing daylight.

Dale finished up Hunter's Coronet, and he headed off to Tulsa for some street racing. Dale, Darren, Boone, and I gathered around Dale's kitchen table to strategize, and list what parts we still needed to order. I was shocked to learn that Darren's I-pad, and Dale's smartphone were the only available internet selections! Good grief, we were in the stone ages!

8278200-IMG_0616(1).JPG (247 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines