Quote:

I think the 2004 is for the engine not having MDS
It will be nice if Mopar releases the 392 like the did for the 6.1 for around 6000.00. I would definately purchase one for that price.
470 hp 470 tq with all the smog stuff on
Set of headers lock out the cam and a program. I think 500 hp is easily obtained.
Hell I would even concider the 2009 to present 5.7 it has 400 hp.

I saw your post on the LX forum about the 392 hemi Part #.
I believe the guy's name was modern muscle that has 392 production hemis for sale.
I would to know why they are not giving out a part # and why are they replacing the intake manifold with the 6.1 aluminum one.
Actually I know why, it is because its an active intake design. It uses duell runner lenghts that at low rpm 4800 and below the engine runs on shorter plenum runners. At 4800 there is a switch that open and it goes to the larger runners. They have no way of using this feature with the older computer. Should be a simple solution with an auxilary switch
But the big issue that would leap MOPAR INTO THE 21 CENTURY IS RELEASE THE COMPUTER CODES.

My guess he is not giving out the part# b/c he is the only game in town with the production engines or at lteast 3 of them. He must know someone on the inside to get that many. You can use the later pcm that has the MDS in them a tuner should be able to delete that funtion.

As for the 6.4L intake there was a post a while back on the lx forums. That runner's don't just switch postion from short to long long. They slwoly open according to rpms and the problem is, it depends on feedback from the transmission too.

The way i am going to go IF everything works out is.

6.4L long block manual trans version so no mds.

upgrade to cam COMP has a few coming out,

Lock out the VVT comp cams again.

Get the 07 5.7L yunkyard motor truck version. Use TIN and drive accs.

Make sure on the senors are the same or can be swap over to the 6.4L.

The is a guy on the lx forum making an new intake for the 6.1L that flow more then aposted 6.1 intake and takes all the 6.1 parts for $650.00

get the computer and harness from Arlington great guy to talk to on the phone by the way.