Quote:

Quote:

Guess I'm gonna get the 5.7 over here and tear it down and weigh the thing. Information on these things should not be this difficult to find and is the reason I havent done it to this point. I'm sure I am not alone in saying that.
One plug is still gonna fire the hole so I'm not terribly worried. Could it give up a few ponies? Probably but ain't gonna make 100HP difference.

I totally agree about the lack of info. I wouldn't knock anyone wanting to run only 8 plugs, if its a race motor on race fuel I doubt it would matter. The reason you mentioned about weight info is the reason I questioned your guesstimate. I think a 6.4 crate has a shipping weight of 485lbs. A long block from PWR has a shipping weight of 500lbs. I think Jegs shows a shipping weight of a DP 5.7 at like 470lbs? I know a fellow on another site weighed his 5.7 Eagle,plastic intake,no oil, no acc truck motor himself at 512lbs. Another fellow weighed his 470 BB all aluminum except block, with oil and no acc at 519lbs. Yeah the info is all over the damn place!

ALPAR lists the 6.4 weight somewhere around 550?

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky