Quote:

Quote:

I am considering building a 3G for a Duster and would need to run 9.50s all out, and the car would be used to race in super gas, and other index racing. i just want make sure these will work and last. what size motor would work and what heads,comp....

I talked to Arrington a while back
They offered a 426 inch motor with a 267/271 hydralic roller, drag pack intake, at about 12 to 1 compression complete that they said would make an honest 650 ponies.
A motor nearly identical to this is installed( shop car they have on website) in a new body style charger that i believe has gone 10.20s ish at around 4000 pounds, but i think has a bit less compression( dont quote me on that)
Based on that, i suspect a 3000 pound A body should runs mid 9's carburated without a lot of trouble once sorted out.
Motor complete was 13 grand ish as i recall.This included an optional setup that mounted coil packs on the intake.

Basically an assembled longblock with intake and coil packs, and using they're trick rocker gear, and fully ported heads they supply, custom crank rods and pistons.

Its all in the heads. they flow so much with so little effort.
You have Eddies coming out with a victor aluminum head don't know what date.
You have INDY with all their customer service and quality products and even with all this you will need serious effort RE $$$$$$$$$$ to get the flow numbers any where near the ported G3 head
I will be building one in the future but for now since I have all the parts my R3 is going together. Once completed and my car is running, the G3 starts.
Still trying to figure out what the oiling issue is, if there is any
For now Its R3 time.