Quote:

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder Nothing like a dominator sitting on a high rise intake!

But calculate the cost... If you buy a 6.1 swap including the PCM, wire it yourself (not really that complicated, just time consuming) or purchase one of the $750 kits you can buy a used Predator tuning device for $200 and either attempt to tune it yourself or pay me $375. Now you have a grand total of $1500 (or $600 if you wire it yourself) invested in a killer, factory designed system.

Or you can buy a drag pack intake for $900, a good holley carb for $400, some type of distributor system - $$$$$ and then in the future convert to EFI? Custom injector bungs installed in you $900 drag pack intake w/fuel rails - $700
Then you will need and EFI system (ie. Fast, BS3, Holley etc.) close to $2000 + tuning.

I just want to make sure you have all the information and have calculated the total cost. From reading your posts it appears you have thought it out and will build a killer ride!

BTW - if you meant "forced induction" when you said FI, we are making 20+psi on the factory intake, EFI and PCM without issue.

I totally dig what you're saying, but again the factory intake just doesn't do it for me, visually, compared to the DP Intake, and thats a deal breaker. I sold it for $600. Bought the DP Intake for $1000, carb for $300 & for now it works great. I'm using the MSD Hemi 6 controller & will reuse it when I go to Fuel Injection. The DP Intake already has the injector bosses as they run fuel injection.

Yes, it will cost me a few bucks more to go to F.I with the DP intake, but again, the visual appeal is as important to me as the functionality.

Also, I didn't get a factry PCM or factory wiring harness with my motor when purchased. Got a sweet price on the motor though.....$2300