Thought I would get this thread back to the top since I am seriously considering getting rid of my LA stuff and going 5.7 in my scamp. I have tried searching for the answer to this question high and low here, but haven't found much so thought I would ask

I am wondering about stock bottom ends and what they can handle. Looking at a 2008 core motor that currently has a spun rod bearing. I have heard that high ten's in a 3400lb car are easily achievable with these engines potential, and im wondering if that can be done with a stock bottom end (I know the pistons are cast, rods powdered, and the crank is cast- although cranks are said to be decent in strength) and with the early 5.7 heads? Or would something of this caliber require upgraded bottom end parts (i.e. 6.1 crank, rods?, pistons?) and something like 6.1 or 5.7 Eagle heads?

Any insight on this stuff would be great, and I have to say, I read this whole thread for about the third time and it has a TON of great info, so thanks to all who shared so far

Thanks!