I haven't investigated it much, mostly because there hasn't been any reason to....All the stuff I've worked with has been done at 7,000 or below. With a decent pan that rpm hasn't been a problem, but to many that's grocery getter territory and not even worth talking about.

The srt filter is a filter from a viper. At one time, a direct connection bulletin that was sent out about it...the bulletin basically says the oiling system is known good to a certain number below 7000, and that the viper filter is the best one... lesser filters alone can cause oiling issues even if everything else is OK, which is all true. It doesn't go into any modifications on how to run 9 grand or anything like that, though.

I'm pretty sure a 10 quart fill and an accumulator has been in use for awhile now on some of the high rpm rigs. Maybe ask around a little more if you're leaning that way, the latest hot setup may have changed.

Drainback has always appeared a little lacking to my eye, but knowledgeable builders I have spoken with don't agree with my opinion, so I guess I don't know what I'm talking about. Not really sure, but the comment about filling the valve covers with oil kinda hits home....I'm not trying to be smart, just relating discussions I've had.

I am also not really a fan of the crankcase ventilation running through those two tiny little passages in the intake manifold either, but nobody else seems to have a problem with it.

With the super tall cast valve covers available from Indy or whoever makes them for Indy, it doesn't seem like it would be a big deal to run a couple external drainback hoses + traditional breathers, to see if there is any difference....but nobody ever does it, so maybe that whole line of thinking is a waste of time.

I have to remind myself: just because a stocker does not do it....does not mean an idea might not be beneficial, or that it would have no effect...it means a stocker isn't allowed to do it, so there is no sense in them experimenting with it...

Did you get yourself a core yet and check it out????

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri