Quote:

We finally got the lifters that were promised to us, something like 8 months ago, from the people that took over Crane Cams (Ryan, correct me if I am wrong).

They are a little unconventional in that they do not have all that shrouding over over the lifter wheel. I think the OEM's and aftermarket want that depending on the Block. Depending on how big the oil gallery feed/intersection is. With the R3 48 Deg block the lifter is dry or the machinest puts the oil feed in and it is precise and controlled and usually a lot smaller. So there are no issues uncovering the oil gallery. Also the semi edge orfice/oil feed is on the side, away from the block oil feed so it will never intersect and overfeed the pushrod.

These are a short travel lifter with race valving. The plunger only has .050 travel and they want them preloaded .012 to .025. I am at .025 because I ordered my Pushrods slightly too long.

Ron you did'nt measure the pushrods so that the lifter would be pre-loaded with adjuster all way backed off did you? T&D actually wants the adjuster down about 1- 1 1/4 turn from backed all way back out.... If you had them right length in that 1 1/4 turn range, you could easily knock .013" out of your preload... (then they might be about 1 tune from all way backed out) But probabbly won't be big deal.... sometimes on those hyd rollers they just sound little quieter with more or less pre-load so it's nice to be able to have free range of adjustment for that reason.

Yes those are new GS Products Crane Ultra Pros with restricted plunger travel, he also has more street friendly/lower RPM ones with more plunger travel if needed.... & I think you are right we waited about 8 months to get them made. But my opinion is, they are the best Hyd roller lifter body on the planet (& only 48* Mopar out there)