Quote:

What's the height of a Tall deck R3?

Ryan said a 6.300 rod and a 1.01 CH with 1/2 of a 4.5 stroke comes up to 9.56"...~ Standard 'blueprint' mopar height.
i was thinking the tall deck was 9.8 or so...no?

I'm just asking....Are you going BIG for the sake of going BIG, I think with a 1.4 rod ratio and nearly 4900 fps of piston speed at 6500 I don't know if the VE would be as good as the same rod with maybe a 4.25 stroke spun a teeny bit higher.

David Vizard made a 440 cube SBC several years ago fir Super Stock Magazine....it didn't really live up to its "on Paper" potential...I happen to know both David and the guy who bought the motor. Don't get me wrong, it runs great now but maybe not in terms of HP per cube. Of course a Mopar should be better on general principal!!

I think the specs are dead on but I'd try to get at least 270cc of intake port on it....what will be the final port cross section, I figure you'd want about 3.25 sq inches?

Cool project...It'll be a milestone small block (V10 Viper size V8) for sure!!

R3 tall deck "blueprint" deck height is 9.560". Factory 340/360 etc "blueprint" is 9.60"

This is worst RS ratio motor I've ever worked on. Previous champ was a 4.0" crank with 5.7 rod. We've turned that one 7800 RPM, no problem.

Ron I think wants to go BIG to have a unique motor that anyone who ever sees his car will remember.... his car is a piece of artwork & should have a motor unique enough to match, besides it will have alot of TQ, & it will make it at a very street friendly RPM.

The intake port will be right around 262 CC based on other sets I've done like them. ~2.95" Min CSA.

A P/S Truck CFE (biggest SB Wedge head) W8 has 3.25" of CSA, not really possible to get that big of a port in an INDY head..