Well, I am working on it! LOL

Car Craft took pics of all the parts right after I got them and they might want to dyno the engine. So, that might upset my ultimate plan. I was hoping to have it in the car for MATS, but I do not think that is likely since I have to build the headers for the car and that is 3 weeks minimum. Usually about 4-6 weeks will do it. I want to race the Valiant at MATS so I am pretty sure it will be with the current Mopar 406 crate motor just to be on the safe side.

So far I have finished hand lightening/blending all the CNC work on the block and I just mocked up the heads and intake on the block to get a dimension for end spacers to go on the china walls. Ryan measured the mains but I still have to mock up and verify 7 of the rods clearances. I have been spending a lot of time gathering misc parts that are not included with a build from scratch engine and getting misc gaskets etc... Like the plate/fitting/gasket that the oil filter mounts on and the dip stick. This block is not taking a standard dip stick and is even different from the last R3 Block I had of the same configuration. I finally figured out a production Magnum DipStick will work (with mods).
Right now I want to get to the point where I can give the block it's final wash and start assymbling the short block.

I hate to say I work slow and I am checking and rechecking everything and dealing with all the details. It would be stupid to be careless and needlessly blow up a motor that costs this much. As with my last good engine, I want it to be right and then go out and beat on it and not worry. I have the parts that are up to the task. I just need to make sure everything goes together without any issues.

5741008-MVC-015F.JPG (268 downloads)

SRT DEMON ONE SEAT