Quote:

Quote:

WOW. I've read good novels that weren't the page-turners this thread was...

That is absolutely crazy about those rods. I read that, and then i read the even sadder follow-up, and all i can think about is that other thread (and many others like it) where guys are complaining that they shouldn't have to do basic checks on a new set ov $1000 Chinese aluminum heads before bolting them on...

He couldnt, the block has been heavily modified externally for weight savings, and its not stock appearing.

Otherwise a good idea!!

I'm a details kind ov guy, i can go crazy over the details, but reading this stuff i think i'd be far too paranoid to be an engine-builder.

Also, i read about the miniscule rod length variances on those RR's, and i'm reminded ov the last set ov LY rods i measured where the longest in one engine was 5/16" longer than the shortest...

Maybe its just me... but has anyone else reading this had a passing thought ov painting this thing orange, putting on some stock VC's, maybe a super-creative intake and putting this in a F.A.S.T. car...??? I'm sure the judges wouldn't notice... . . .

the block isnt stock appearing, but its a good idea.

I dont think a "stock" block will fit those guts.

Kasey

Oh i fully realize this, but the mind gets to thinkin'...

Man, how much fun i could have if i was rich...