I don't think it will need any more cam to run the #'s Ron wants. It's not a race motor... I did'nt really want to do the 1.7's, was going to do 1.65's but it's tough to get decent lift with hyd roller lobes. Also the more RR will help pull pushrods back closer to pivot point to help out with pushrod clearance, although in this case it really does'nt matter with 48 option on heads & Ron wants the pushrod area of heads fully opened up for weight reasons.

Talking with Joe @ Bryant, with the low RPM of the hyd roller cam & the low(er) power level around 650 he felt journal overlap would'nt be an issue. Crank will be neat, it's getting every option Bryant offers for lightening, largest rifle drill they offer on the 340 main, Star flange, Aero Wing counterweights etc.

Pistons will be 1.01" CH, & even with the .866 pin it still has to have oil rail spacers, because the dish is pushing the rings down. Compression is little up in the air, will be somewhere between 11.0-11.2:1 Depending on what CP gets out of the dish, Ed thinks a -22 will be biggest possible just doing some rough math on it. He said for sure they can get -20, so will be somewhere between -20 & -22 & then I can manipulate chamber volume some to try to get it where we need. Should be LIGHT... Doing Forged Side reliefs & max lightening package. Doing a Trend H13 tool steel pin....

Total seal is making me a custom 4.21" .043/.043/3MM ring pack

We wanted to do Titanium rods, but alot of companies who used to offer them have stopped doing them due to material costs etc. Crower could do them but time frame was no good..... Was going to do a 300M Lentz, but they did'nt want to do a single set in the 2.0" Journal in a reasonable timeframe. If we did 2 sets, would have been quicker... So Ended up going with R&R out of Illinois, all their rods are custom billets, they don't really do off shelf stuff. Mike, the owner was real easy to deal with, & is doing a 6.30" X 2.0" X .866 with 3/8 ARP Custom Age 365 bolt, in an A beam design, he said it should end up in the 540-560 gram range, which is what we were looking for. Also he is going to make the big end as compact as possible as Ron wants to use an internal oil pickup tube, which should be entertaining.

The Heads will be the 48 degree -1 INDY's with the Raised Port 245 CNC intake, & Small CNC exhaust port. I'll re-work the intake ports for little more cross section, should flow in the 360 range with the 2.15 valve. Ron wants heads & INDY intake max lightened, so will spend "few" hours on Bridgeport wacking misc bosses off.

I started working on intake yesterday & getting enough plenum volume in it while retaining a 4150 flange is an issue.

It's definitely an interesting project.... & I've gotten used to telling companies I'm talking to about parts for it "I know it's extremely unusual, but that's what I want" LOL