Quote:

Soooo, 500 cube small block Mopar is possible, and yet, I have never heard of anyone building one! Had I known this years ago, the engine in my Cuda would probably be different. Visions of P5 Hemi heads and 500 cubes come to mind....

My only question after seeing this post is why has nobody ever built one before now? Why is this all of a sudden common knowledge, yet I have never heard or seen anything even close to that in a sbm before now.

My answer is: just how much is this 500" sbm going to cost???? That might be why nobody has done it yet?
Compare that to a 500" BBM and you can quickly see why.
I have to say though, it should be one very neat and original build that's for sure. I'm excited to see what happens...too bad you won't stick it on our dyno Ron, that would be neat to get Dulcich down for a day of pics and a nice Mag spread.
I'm going for a completely different approach with my new engine...it's a 360" W2 headed R1 block deal with 48° lifter bores.
I too hope to go 10.00's but I'll be using race gas. Just thought it would be neat to do 10 oh's in a street-like car and no stroker so I know what it's like to go against the grain
Plus I just don't have that much $$$ to spend on an engine build LOL!!

Keep us updated, we're going to want lots of pics

Brian Hafliger