Quote:

I'm sure you're aware of the billet aluminum oil filter plate CV Products makes for the R3 blocks? Its o-ring sealed. http://www.cvproducts.com/Products.aspx?Search=cv783

devilbrad , I did not know about that. Thanks, that will give me another option when it comes down to it. I ended up ordering all the stock stuff and I ordered a Billet Plate from Canton (seals with an "O"-ring). The Canton one uses the stock fitting and the production piece is very good nowadays. Better than the older stuff by far.

Matt, I am leaving the valley open. In fact we cut that all out to save weight. It was originally all closed up. If you look close you can see the holes we drilled to return oil to the bottom in the stock area as well as cutting out the center. I like the oil splashing all over and lubricating everything per factory design. I even drilled the holes in the front China Wall to splash lube the timing chain that were not there.
Nowadays the trend is to put oil squirters to spray oil on the bottom of the piston. So if my crank is slinging oil up there I think that would be benificial to a point.
I am not planning on running a windage tray of any sort either. Just a deep Milodon pan with baffles.
You have to remember this is a 6500 RPM motor and the HP loss from Windage will not be that great.

SRT DEMON ONE SEAT