Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

With all this talk about price, I kinda think we're forgeting that this is a 500" SMALL BLOCK! I'm not sure the word mountain motor and accessable belong in the same sentance.

BTW- What your doing is amazing! I wish you would reconsider the dyno as this is a major milestone for all engine builders out there. IMHO What your doing and the way your doing it needs to be recorded. This is hot rodding history!

I think Ron is right about the dyno...One could say it made 900 horse, another could say it made 500..if the car runs in the high 9's at the weight he is at, it will be very easy to compare it to other motors on here, output wise, that have been dyno'ed and raced, and make a pretty close comparison, and save him some coin.

When you dyno an engine, it's not about 900 HP or 500 HP, and by the way there should not ever be that much difference between ANY dyno #'s no matter how many different dyno's are used!! I'm sure you were exaggerating but that was waaaaaay out there LOL!

I used to be on the anti-dyno band wagon, but I must say doing on a weekly basis, you really learn a TON about engines, oil leaks, tuning, and your able to apply that into the next build.

Most of the time, my engines leave with only minor tuning needed that would have taken alot of trips down the strip. Not to mention that if everthing goes well on the dyno, but not in the car, you can successfully determine what components were changed and usually find the problem very quickly and easily.

It's not for everyone, but I have yet to have ANY of my customers even think they might have wasted money on dyno time.
And I have a long list of very happy customers that will dyno their next build guarranteed!!
If it's in the budget, you simply cannot go wrong with dyno testing.
On a softer note....I'm looking forward to seeing Rons car in action at the track!

Good points , and yes, i was kidding about the 500-900 horsepower deal.

regarding dyno's finding leaks and etc, if a motor is truly put together with attention to detail it shouldnt matter, or if it does, a leak should be a very out of the ordinary occurance.

I found that by being carefull about picking components, haveing excellent machine work and assembly done, you should have an EXCELLENT idea of what a car is going to run before it ever gets to the track...my car, on it first day at the track with a brand new motor, ran within a couple of hundredths of what it does to this day(allowing for a small weight change since that day), and that couple of hundreds i put on the motor getting "broken in" at the track..
Just what i have personally seen,

Last edited by B3422W5; 09/09/09 02:49 PM.

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, 10.40 @127 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.60 at 103.90 1/8