"They want us to catch up", Boone informed us.
"That's not gonna happen, you've seen how long that takes"!
"Says he's only a few miles ahead, and they are driving slow".
Boone sucked in behind me as we cleared the town and went back onto two-lane road. Five or so miles later we came up behind a line of cars, a couple of which were dragweekers, following a dump truck, we topped a hill, got a good look, and I hammered the Valiant up to 4200 and shot around the group, as I cleared the dump truck, I saw Dale following the Hot Rod guys, he left me room, and I slid in, followed closely by Boone. We ran along at the speed limit for about
30 minutes as the sun began to fade, at Kingfisher we saw a group of car guys with signs, and a big Dodge 4 wheel drive on a grassy nole. The Hot Rod mini-van pulled off the road, "Kieth Turk was back there" Darren commented. We continued on through town, and it was dark soon after.

Twenty miles up the road, I saw Clarke off on the right, up a driveway, with the hood up on his Blue Camaro, and James' Red Vega pulled up behind him, they didn't look like they were having fun, and there was no thumbs up. I saw a wide spot in the road about half-mile further down and pulled over.
"What are you doing"? Darren asked
"We have to go back and see if we have anything that could help them".
"Dang-it! This the first leg we were actually making good time..."
Dale and Boone walked up to the window. "I'll go back and see what's goin' on", Dale volunteered "I'll call you guys and let you know if we need to stay and help them".
He flipped the Satellite around, and went back. We opened both passenger side doors, waited for traffic to clear, and answered nature's call. Darren answered his phone, it was Dale.
"He says we should come back, they need help", Darren relayed.
"Ok, let's go", I said. Boone shut his door, and Darren spun half around from the oncoming traffic, alarmed. "DANG IT, BOONE!! I wasn't done, now I got it on my shoe!"
"What do you mean you aren't done, we were done before you answered the phone"! I laughed.
Now he was really getting mad, "It takes a while"!
"No, no it doesn't, you've got issues, you need to go see a Doctor"! I was pushing all the right buttons.

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines